- NRW: Gymnasium 12. Klasse
- Englisch GK
Analyse - In the Year 2525
In the Year 2525 ist eine Analyse der Lyrics, die sich mit den dystopischen Gedanken des Songs befasst. Wurde von einem Schüler aus der 12-Klasse geschrieben.
1. Point out three technological inventions and their consequences as envisioned in this song.
2. Explain “He's taken everything this old world can give. And he ain't put back nothing.”(ll.37/38).
3. Analyse the stylistic devices Zager and Evans use in their song.
4. Comment on the message of the song.
The song “In the year 2525” was released in 1969 by Zager and Evans. The topic is a dystopian view of the future of the world.
The lyrics describe three technological inventions and possible consequences they might have.
The first technology is a pill that manipulates you, though everyone says and thinks the same.
No one has an individual personality any longer.
The second invention are machine that work instead of your own extremities, which means they get useless.
The last one describes an artificial breeding of children in a test tube, nobody needs a partner or love to have a baby. Everyone can choose the perfect genetic child.
These technologies are big developments in life of humans, but they also mean people have to give up important parts of their selves... Kaufen Sie jetzt Zugang, um mehr zu lesen